Expedition to Egypt. April 2018.
LUXOR: Red Chapel of Hatshepsut
The Red Chapel of Hatshepsut or the Chapelle Rouge was originally constructed as a Barque Shrine during the reign of Queen Hatshepsut. She was the fifth Pharaoh of the eighteenth dynasty of Ancient Egypt and ruled from ~ 1479 to 1458 BC. The exact original location of the building is unknown, because it was completely destroyed during the XVIIIth Dynasty. Fragments of it were used by Amenhotep III as a building material for the III Pylon of Karnak.
Read more >>