The Solar Temple Userkaf is located 500 meters to the north-west of the Pyramid of Sahura and 600 meters to the south-east of the Solar Temple of Neuserra.
The major part of the archeological works were carried out by German scientists. For the first time, the Userkaf Complex was discovered in the middle of the XIX century by Karl Richard Lepsius. In the beginning of XX century, the archaeological works in Abu Gurab were continued by Ludwig Borchardt. Large-scale excavation of the area was made in 1954 by Herbert Rica.
Now the temple is completely destroyed. All that's left for us - the quartzite, granite and limestone fragments of the construction details.