ISIDA Project announces another article "Mastsba el-Fara'un", written by the independent researcher Keith Hamilton, based on the materials of the first researchers of the Mastaba, as well as on the information, gathered during the expeditions of the ISIDA Project.
“It is curious that in writing the name of this royal tomb, the determinative was usually shown as a pyramid, as in all the other pyramid names. In only a few is the determinative written in its correct form of a sarcophagus, the true shape of the monument.”
ISIDA Project would like to announce another article "Mastaba 17 at Meidum", written by the independent researcher Keith Hamilton, based on the materials of the first researchers of the Red Pyramid, as well as on the information, gathered during the expeditions of the ISIDA Project.
“The Great Mastaba No. 17 is the largest known, except that of Nefermaat. It was certainly by far the best built mastaba in Egypt,and it is the earliest private stone tomb known, and contains the oldest stone coffin. The chamber is far grander than that of the pyramid of Sneferu.”
The Great Pit of Zawiyet el-Aryan.
(by Keith Hamilton)
“The size and richness of the materials, the perfection of the cuts and joints, the peerless finish of the granite sarcophagus, the boldness of structure and the sheer height of the walls, everything comes together to compose this so far unique ensemble. It is an awe inspiring shock and nowhere is the power and mastery of the old Egyptian architects so suddenly and strongly obvious as here.”
The Red Pyramid. The Meidum Pyramid.
(by Keith Hamilton)
ISIDA Project would like to announce another article "The Red Pyramid" and "The Meidum Pyramid", written by the independent researcher Keith Hamilton, based on the materials of the first researchers of the Red Pyramid, as well as on the information, gathered during the expeditions of the ISIDA Project.
Dr. N. Berdnikov, RUSSIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCES FAR EASTERN BRANCH INSTITUTE of TECTONICS and GEOPHYSICS
...The archaeological mission of Dr. Zahi Hawass, has discovered a small number of pieces of broken sarcophagus and a whole lid, while removing the layers of sand over the remains of the "Headless Pyramid" in Saqqara in 2008. In December 2012 the research team of "ISIDA Project” has visited the excavation site. During this visit, we made measurements of the lid and studied the material to determine what kind of stone is it.
This article is based on the materials of the “Isida Research Group”expedition to Egypt in December 2012. I express my gratitude to all members of the expedition.
2. Type and characteristics of the pyramid facing masonry. Measuring on location.
3. On the nonstandard height of the pyramid descending passages.
4. Inner pyramid.
5. The deformation of the Northern descending passage.
6. The erosion of the Northern descending passage.
7. “Chimney” and a through weight relieving window.
8. Reconstruction of the Northern system of chambers initial planning.
9. Shafts in the floor of the Western system of chambers and connection thereof with passages and chambers construction technologies.
10. Initial planning of the Western system of chambers and destruction of the Upper chamber corbelled vault.
11. Connecting tunnel.
12. Why only one portcullis has worked?
13. Measurement of temperature, humidity and content of carbon dioxide in the pyramid inner premises.
14. Measurement of low-frequency electromagnetic field and background radiation in the pyramid premises.
15. Characteristics of the Bent pyramid satellite lining. Drawing parallels between the Bent pyramid and the Red pyramid.
16. Descending passages of the Bent Pyramid Complex pyramids; their connection with the culminations of certain celestial object.
17. Accuracy of orientation of the Bent Pyramid Complex objects.