The city of Kom-Ombo is located on the east bank of the Nile river in 50 km to the north from the city of Aswan. Most part of the ancient ruins here is buried by sand. The ruins of the temple have been excavated and partially restored in 1893 by the the Egyptian Service of Antiquities, under the direction of French archaeologist - Jacques de Morgan.










In its architecture, the Temple of Kom-Ombo has the elements of the temples of Dendera and Edfu.

<< Back to Egypt Map

Discuss on Forum >>

ISIDA Project © Copyright 2013. All rights reserved.

© ISIDA Project